The G8PUT Logbook ProjectThe Logbook Project started in the late summer of 2007, the original idea was to create a simple and easy to use logbook system. Since then I have received many requests to include additional features. The most significant are perhaps Contests and Awards. Work is progressing well on including these and many other features.
The way the project is developing is that new functions and features which have been requested are being added in no particular order. A feature which takes little time to include might be added on the day it is requested. Other features which take a significant amount of work will be made available when they are completed.
Without doubt, the most important part of the project is your support. Only by your trying and testing the program do I become aware of any problems or changes that you would like to see. For that continued and growing support I offer my thanks.
The program must be registered in order to view data more than one month old, but this can be done free of charge. Contests, Awards and other features require a small payment.
I do however welcome registration payments for the basic system that you might wish to make to support the work in progress.
73s and best regards
G8PUT hosts the web sites for:
New Developments - Last updated 21st Jan 2013
Changes in this release:
- FIX WAB Bookholders printout
- Added diagnostic routines for installation problems
- Reading data from WAB Trackers into log.
- Writing WAB Tracker spreadsheet as claim form.
- Frequency etc, read directly from radio
- More awards and contests
- Things that have been requested and may appear in the future
- Jan 13 ADIF import and export re-written
- Dec 11 WAB Winter Points Award
- Nov 11 RSGB 160m Club Calls
- Oct 11 Fast data entry screen
- Jan 11 WAB Tidal award Claim form.
- Jul 10 ITU,CQ, & Cont Zones autofilled.
- Mar 10 DXCC areas. Many thanks to Jim Reisert, AD1C for permision to use his data file.
- Jan 10 WAB Contests (still working on HF contest)
- Jan 10 RSGB 80m Club Championships
- Jun 09 More space for remarks
- Jun 09 User defined columns and user defined order of columns in the logbook.
- Jun 09 SQL database for faster searching.
- Feb 09 WAB contests (not HF)
- Dec 08 Multiple callsigns can be registered with one copy of the software
- Dec 08 Release of none Beta test version
- Dec 08 Major re-write of logbook display allowing many more columns.
- Jun 08 Importing data from ADF.
- May 08 The size of lines and columns in the logbook can now be manually set to your own preferences.
- May 08 Sections of the log between selected dates and times can be printed out for contest scoring etc.
- Apr 08 You can set your timezone and daylight saving options (The UK is automatic)
- Mar 08 Great Circle distance given if IARU locator entered. - Search on Callsign - Map for WAB and IARU
If you have a problem downloading try Right click and Save Target As
Tested on Windows:
XP, Vista, 7
Don't miss these features
Online Help Systemis being written, I've made it available though it's not yet complete.
Hide unwanted columnsSetting a columns width to 0 causes it not to be shown.
IARU and Great Circle distanceEnter your stations IARU locator in the Administration screen and when you enter the IARU of a station you work in the log book, the approximate distance is calculated and entered in the remarks column.
Delete EntryEdit the callsign to DEL and the entry will be removed. .
NETAdding a new QSO using 'NET' does not log out the previous station. To log out a single station in the net, click on the blank 'finish time' box. .
Contact me on skype: